Super Moist Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake Indredients
If you have been looking for a recipe for a dark chocolate cake that is always moist and never fails, give this one a try. A friend's mom started making this in the 1950s, i got it in 1967 & it's been perfect ever since ((*:*))
* 2 cups sugar
* 2 cups white flour
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3/4-1 cup baking cocoa
* 2 cups strong hot coffee
* 2 scant level teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 can Eagle Brand, or sweetened condensed milk
* 3-5 squares baking cocoa
* 1 teaspoon water
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Place first 6 ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat well, until smooth. The batter will be thick.
2. Add 1 cup hot, strong coffee and the baking soda. NOTE~ the HEAT of the coffee releases the cocoa flavor from the cocoa powder.
3. Beat well.
4. Add 2nd cup coffee and the vanilla.
5. Beat well. The batter will now be a bit thin.
6. Pour into sprayed (with baking spray like Pam) muffin tins (about two dozen), two 8" round cake pans, or a 9" x 13" baking dish.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until tests done with toothpick or sharp knife. No batter will stick to the surface when done.
8. Cool well before frosting.
9. To make the frosting, use either a double boiler, or a heavy sauce pan placed on low heat.
10. Pour the milk into the pan and add the cocoa squares and water.
11. Stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and creamy, about 15 minutes.
12. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
13. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla.
14. Stir until smooth.
15. Frost the cake.
* Unbleached, organic white flour is recommended, but other types of flour can be used. Using all whole wheat makes the cake a bit too heavy and grainy. For added nutrition, try using 1/4 cup Soy Baking Mix and 1 3/4 cup flour.
* For Gluten-free cake, substitute Pamela's Baking Mix (found in health food stores) for the flour.
* If you like the taste of coffee and chocolate, you might want to use coffee crystals and add a double or triple portion of coffee to hot water.
* If you use Toddy Coffee, you can use the full-strength concentrate.
* The cake can be frosted with thin or thick layers.
* The frosting can also be used as a very thick, rich pudding/snack.
* Want a single-serving Instant Cake? Try This! Single Serving moist chocolate cake!
HINT-- we use Toddy Coffee in our recipes. Either full strength for a super cafe taste, or diluted with 1/2 water. Toddy Coffee is very low in acids and oils and is a ''healthier'' alternative to regular coffee.
IF YOU WANT NO COFFEE AT ALL, just use plain hot water instead of the hot coffee.